The purpose of this school is to impart knowledge participants can use every day in community banking. The Community Bankers School (CBS) is available to community bankers nationwide, making it The School for community bankers in the country. In addition, CBS is sponsored by eight state community-banking associations.
The Community Bankers School is an intensive program designed for today’s community bank professional. Here is what students gain:
- background and experience for broader responsibilities and greater effectiveness
- a broad understanding of the overall deposit, credit and investment functions of a community bank
- an appreciation for customer service and an active business-development program
- insight into a community bank’s overall operations responsibilities and techniques for integrating technology into the bank’s strategic plan
- the opportunity to compare and share experiences with peers, instructors and senior bankers
- the ability to immediately contribute to the overall success of the bank
What Makes The Difference?
Have you wondered what makes some community bankers more successful than others? Is it native intelligence, talent or dedication? Is it that one person seeks success and the other doesn't? I believe the difference lies in what each person knows and how he or she makes use of that knowledge.
A School Unlike Any Other
You see, CBS is unique. A subcommittee annually evaluates faculty, curriculum and student comments to enhance the value of CBS. Each year, the faculty has been improved and the curriculum updated to include timely topics and the latest learning techniques. CBS is conducted in the state-of-the-art facilities of Illinois Wesleyan University.
Knowledge Is the Difference
In looking at the alumni list, I see that more than 1,000 people have graduated from this school during the last 30 years. More than 90 percent of attendees each year have evaluated it as “excellent” or “very good.” The vast majority of graduates have been promoted or taken on new responsibilities at their banks. More than 40 individuals are now bank presidents and 15 are outside directors — a track record that proves knowledge makes the difference.
Questions About the Community Bankers School
Contact Melinda McClelland
, VP Education & Special Events, at 217/529-2265 or 800/736-2224! You won't regret attending this School!