CBAIs Operations/Technology Groups provide an opportunity for community bank personnel to discuss important issues with non-competing community bankers.
The Operations/Technology Groups are designed to occasion a rewarding experience where you can grow professionally, as well as personally.
Benefits of the Operations/Technology Groups
- Improve the bank’s operation practices
- Increase your understanding of technological issues
- Form lasting relationships with non competing operations/technology personnel
- Solve your most pressing problems
- Obtain access to highly respected financial technology experts
How Do the Operations/Technology Groups Work?
- CBAI organizes the Groups based on bank size and market to ensure that participants have as much in common as possible without being competitors.
- The groups remain small (no more than 12 participants). Because each participant must trust other Group members, no substitutes are permitted, unless by unanimous consent of the remaining members.
- Other consultants from a variety of firms may be invited to address the group. This expertise would cost thousands of dollars if you paid for it on a “real-time” basis.
- Groups meet quarterly on a date and location determined by the Group members.
- Four to six issues are usually discussed at each session. Participants are contacted for agenda items approximately two weeks prior to each meeting.
- A manual based on Group topics is compiled.
- CBAI is responsible for correspondence, meeting details, some speaker resources, and other expertise.
Meet Your Facilitators
The Community Bankers Association of Illinois has selected Bert Purdy, manager at BKD, LLP, St. Louis to facilitate the Operations/Technology Group A; Mark Scholl, partner with Wipfli, LLP in Sterling, to facilitate Groups B & E; John Mills, supervising consultant with BKD, LLP, St. Louis and Greg Schaller, manager with BKD, LLP, St. Louis, to facilitate Group C; Leslie Wilson, partner with BKD, LLP, St. Louis and Jeff Pauls, supervising consultant BKD, LLP, St. Louis to facilitate Group D.
Purdy brings more than seven years' experience to the clients he serves. He provides a wide range of accounting, auditing, and consulting services.
Scholl specializes in all aspects of information security services including information system security auditing and Internet instrusion testing services.
As a member of BKD National Financial Services Group, Mills brings more than eight years of banking operations, Automated Clearing House (ACH), and audit experience to the clients he serves.
Schaller has more than six years of experience providing audit and consulting services to single and multibank holding companies, individual chartered banks, and other financial service entities.
Wilson is an audit and consulting partner with 15 years of experience. She works with financial institutions to assist them with a full range of assurance and consulting services.
As a member of BKD National Financial Services Group, Pauls brings more than 15 years auditing and technology experience to the clients he serves.
For more information, contact the Education & Special Events Department:
Tracy McQuinn, Senior Vice President Education & Special Events
Valerie Johnston, Vice President Education & Special Events
Melinda McClelland, Vice President Education & Special Events
Rebecca Ridgeway, Administrative Assistant
Jennifer Nika, Administrative Assistant
Or call 800-736-2224 or 217-529-2265